Reliance Jio Infocomm has launched its new venture of Jio that is the first network in India that does not have any 2G or 3G based services. It only supports 4G and is solely based on Voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) which is the base of a speed communication system for wireless or mobile networks and works on IMS network. The launch of the Jio services was a revolution in itself as there went a huge craze over for availing the services as this was the first free 4G services initially. But for the huge craze many were not able to collect the sim for the services. But as the services went paid the option for porting into Jio services has also been opened. Those who missed the opportunity to avail the services and also who do not want to change their numbers but want to enjoy the Jio services the network porting option is now opened for them.
Before you port your number to Jio there are certain things that you should remember:
- Before porting you must have it clear that if your smartphone is not supporting VoLTE or 4G services then porting will be of no use. Jio sim can be used or a Jio network can only be used by phones that support the high speed network requirements.
- Another important thing to remember is that if you are having a windows phone instead of an Android phone then the Jio application will not run on it as it is not available on the windows store.
- In case of dual sim phones or phones that support more than two sim it should be remembered that the Jio should be used as the primary network.
- Clear all your dues with your existing network if you are using the post -paid services which will help you to have a hassle free port.
- You need to port your number within the 15 days’ time period as set forth.
Now that you are clear about the requirements of using the Jio network you can port your sim to Jio. The steps by which you can port your number to Jio network are:
- Firstly you need to SMS PORT <Space> <10-digit mobile number> to 1900 from your existing mobile number which you want to port to the Jio network.
- After you have send the SMS you will receive back a reply containing the UPC code and the date of its expiration.
- Now you need to get the Jio app downloaded to your phone and generate the code required to avail Jio offers.
- Next you need to go to your nearest Jio store along with your handset and the codes generated and with the local Aadhaar Card for the instant activation by electronic KYC system.
- If you do not have a local Aadhaar Card you need to submit your identity proof and your address proof along with your photograph for the activation purpose.
At the time of doing the electronic KYC pay the required sum to enjoy the best of the services.
Happy using Jio network!